The University of Memphis is a learner-centered metropolitan research university providing
high quality educational experiences while pursuing new knowledge through research,
artistic expression, and interdisciplinary and engaged scholarship.
The University of Memphis, as an engaged learning community, celebrates:
- The pursuit of excellence in teaching and research as the highest measures of successful
- Interdisciplinary collaboration, artistic expression, and research as vehicles for
leveraging our resources, solving problems, and multiplying our accomplishments.
- The transfer and dissemination of knowledge with community stakeholders for the intellectual,
economic, and social advancement of our community.
- Innovation and creativity in everything we do.
- Respect for diversity and individual worth.
- Integrity and transparency in all our actions.
- Responsible stewardship and conservation of resources.
- Stewardship of wisdom, knowledge, and information created by our predecessors.
- Leadership and involvement in the economic, social, and professional growth of Memphis,
the state of Tennessee, and the nation.