Applications for Fall Semester, 2014 are now CLOSED for all programs. Applications
for Spring and Fall Semester, 2015 will be available in early September.
Admission to the BFA in theatre at the University of Memphis is a two step process.
Students should apply first to the University of Memphis and then separately to the
Department of Theatre & Dance. Current Memphis students wishing to transfer into, or add the BFA program need only
complete the departmental application. Current BFA students wishing to change their
program/concentration need only complete the departmental application. Acceptance to any of our programs is contingent upon successful acceptance to the
University of Memphis. When applying to the department students should choose between
three areas of study:
All programs require either an entrance audition and/or interview. Students are automatically
considered for all scholarship opportunities as part of their application and audition/interview
provided they complete the in-person or recorded audition/interview by the last scholarship
date (March 28, 2015 for students beginning Fall 2015).
The 2015 on-campus audition/interview dates for full scholarship consideration are:
- Saturday, March 22, 2014
- Saturday, February 28, 2015
- Saturday, March 28, 2015
The 2015 on-campus audition/interview dates for entrance consideration ONLY, no scholarship consideration are:
- Friday, November 21, 2014 - For students entering Spring Semester 2015 ONLY
- Friday, April 24 ,2015
- Friday, August 21st, 2015 - Only if space is available in the program(s)
2015 Regional auditions/interviews may be completed at the following festivals:
- Greater Houston Area Auditions - High School for the Performing and Visual Arts (HSPVA)
- Saturday, November 23, 2014
- South Eastern Theatre Conference (SETC) - March 4-8, 2015 - Chattanooga, TN
- Tennessee Thespian Festival
- Arkansas Thespian Festival
Check back in early September for more information and to complete your application.