Provisional Admission:Undergraduates are required to complete at least 45 hours before applying provisional
admission. Among those hours the following courses must be passed: ENGL 1010, ENGL
1020, COMM 2381, MATH 1420 or equivalent and EDPR 2111.They must have a 2.75 Cumulative
GPA before applying.Undergraduate Students must pass all portions of the PRAXIS Core
Academic Skills Test for Educators (CORE) unless they have an Enhanced ACT score of
22 or above or a combined score of 1020 or above on the SAT. Please note passing the
writing exam is a non-negotiable and can not be appealed.
Full Admission: Candidates apply for full admission the semester prior to their Residency Year. Each
1. have a 3.0 overall grade point average;
2. passing scores on the appropriate Praxis II Content Knowledge Exam.
3. Pass an on-demand writing task
4. Provide committee an exemplar from their course work
5. Pass a program faculty interview.
Graduate students must have a 3.00 cumulative Undergraduate GPA to be admitted to the MAT. Graduate Students are required
to begin the TEP application process before they are allowed to enroll in any courses.
Provisional Admission:To be provisionally admitted they must pass all parts of the Core Academic Skills
Test for Educators(CORE) or GRE (Verbal 143, Quant 138, Writing 3.5) and the Praxis
II Content Knowledge that is associated with their licensure area,pass an interview
and have a 3.00 undergraduate gpa. Please note passing the writing exam is non-negotiable
and can not be appealed.
Full Admission: Graduate candidates apply for full admission to TEP the semester before their clinical
teaching semester. The requirements for full admission include:
1. 3.25 graduate gpa.
2. passing scores on all required licensure exams
3. pass an on-demand writing task
4. provide committee an exemplar from course work
5. Successful program faculty interview.
Applications can be turned in at any time, but you will want to meet these deadlines
to schedule interviews:
- January 31st for TEP reviews in the Spring
- September 15th for TEP reviews in the Fall
Hand in your packet at Ball Hall 202 (no faxes accepted)
or mail it to:
Office of Teacher Education
Ball Hall 202
Memphis, TN 38152