What is Student Event Allocation?
Student Event Allocation (SEA) is a program that allows Registered Student Organizations
to submit proposals for events and programs such as speakers, lectures, dance performances,
etc. Proposals are submitted a semester in advance of the proposed program. The committee
will hear proposals for Fall 2013 programs this semester.
The Student Event Allocation Committee decides if the organization should receive
monetary allocation for their programs, as well as the amount of money, based on the
program proposal. The committee helps the organization with many aspects of their
program planning and execution.
How Do I Prepare and Submit a Proposal?
- Pick up a Student Event Allocation (SEA) packet from the Student Leadership & Involvement
Office (UC 211) or by clicking SEA Proposal Packet (word) or SEA Proposal Packet (pdf). Call the office at 678-8679 if you need assistance.
- Make sure that your organization is registered with the office and is listed as a
Registered Student Organization for this academic year.
- Attend one of the Proposal Training Sessions to get more information on how to submit
a good proposal. This session is recommended, but not required. Proposal Training
sessions for Spring 2013 proposals will take place Monday, March 4, 2:00pm, UC Beale Room and Thursday, March 7, 11:00am, UC Beale Room
- Complete the Student Event Allocation packet and any other necessary forms. The SEA
Program Proposal must be signed by the RSO President(s) and Advisor(s).
- Submit an online EMS request to reserve space for your program(s). The location for
all events must be reserved before submitting the proposal to the SEA Committee.
- Submit the program proposal and other accompanying documents to the Student Leadership
& Involvement Office (UC 211) by the published deadline. The proposals will be reviewed
by staff members and the Student Event Allocation Committee. SEA proposals must be
submitted one semester before the program by the published deadline. Late submissions
will not be accepted.
- Upon submitting the proposal, sign up for:
- A pre-hearing meeting (to prepare you for the hearing presentation)
- Your hearing presentation time
- Please complete the SEA Packet in its entirety. Incomplete packets and TBAs will NOT
be accepted (this includes dates, times, locations, artist information, etc.)
Deadline for Proposals for Fall 2013 events is
Friday, March 29, 2013
4:30p.m. UC 211
News and Announcements
Register for Frosh Camp!
Frosh Camp is a four day camp exclusively for incoming freshmen. It gives new students an upper hand on their first year by teaching what to expect inside and outside of class, introducing them to all that the U of M has to offer, tons of Tiger spirit, connections with upperclassman and fellow freshmen, fun, memories, and lots of new friends!
Up ’til Dawn - Tops fundraising in 2012-2013 academic year!
The University of Memphis chapter of Up ’til Dawn raised more than $122,000 for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital during the 2012-13 academic year, making it the top fundraising chapter in the nation. The largest portion of the money - about $75,000 - was raised through a letter campaign.
Student Leadership & Involvement
211 University Center
Memphis, TN 38152
Phone: (901) 678-8679
Fax: (901) 678-5708