The Public Health Student Association (PHSA) is a student organization for graduate
students enrolled in the School of Public Health at the University of Memphis. The
PHSA serves as a forum for student concerns and activities.
The purpose of the PHSA is to facilitate student-student and student-faculty communication
and cohesiveness within the School of Public Health. The organization advocates on
issues pertaining to all aspects of the academic experience, including research opportunities,
student representation, and public health issues. Ultimately, the PHSA will strive
to create a strong and enduring foundation for future public health leaders.
1. Promote awareness of career and academic issues related to the field of public
health by serving as a voice to the faculty and administration.
2. Support all public health students at U of M academically, professionally, and
3. Organize health-related volunteer activities within the community.
4. Collaborate with health organizations agencies, and associations regarding public
health programming activities.
5. Encourage students to actively pursue educational and professional development.
6. Host regular social events for public health students to foster positive interactions
among students, faculty and staff.
Membership is open to all students enrolled in a School of Public Health degree program.
Meetings are held a minimum of once a month. Contact an officer for more information.
Please join us on Facebook!
Lisa Wang: President
Deidra Davis: Vice-President
Sarah Boop: Secretary
Kendra Vaugh: Treasurer
Cyril Patra: Executive Social Action Chair
Nikko Calrson: Public Relations Chair
Donya Ahmadian: Campus & Community Outreach Chair
Marlise Elgart: Social Activities Chair
Asos Mahmood: President
Samantha Bownes: Vice-President
Tessa Kyle: Secretary
Fanta Suwaneh: Treasurer
Bianca Jackson and Marshall Varnum II: Social Action Chairs