The University of Memphis School of Public Health Mission is to improve population health, promote health equity, and produce the next generation
of public health leaders, through innovation and excellence in interdisciplinary education,
research, service and community engagement.
The University of Memphis School of Public Health Vision is to be recognized as one of the nation's premier metropolitan schools of public
health, and a leader in education, practice and research.
The University of Memphis School of Public Health Goals are to:
1. Create strategic and effective operations to support the Mission of the School
of Public Health.
2. Develop and sustain collaborative community partnerships to address local health
3. Conduct interdisciplinary research and disseminate knowledge to improve population
4. Attract and retain a highly qualified and diverse faculty.
5. Provide high quality education and training.
The University of Memphis School of Public Health has enthusiastically adopted the University's values:
- The pursuit of excellence in teaching and research as the highest measure of successful
- Interdisciplinary collaboration and research as vehicles for leveraging our resources,
solving problems, and multiplying our accomplishments.
- The transfer and dissemination of knowledge with community stakeholders for the intellectual,
economic, and social advancement of our community.
- Innovation and creativity in everything we do.
- Respect for diversity and individual worth.
- Integrity and transparency in all our actions.
- Responsible stewardship and conservation of resources.
- Stewardship of wisdom, knowledge, and information created by our predecessors.
- Leadership and involvement in the economic, social, and professional growth of Memphis,
the State of Tennessee, and the nation.