Core Competencies for the Social and Behavioral Sciences PhD
- Identify individual, organizational, community and societal influences on health,
health behaviors, disease, illness, injury and disability.
- Utilize social and behavioral science principles and applications to advance public
health research and education.
- Conduct and disseminate rigorous and innovative social and behavioral science research
relevant to public health.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate behavioral and structural interventions to promote
health and health equity, prevent disease and injury, alleviate disability, and improve
quality of life.
- Know and appreciate the history, philosophy, and professional ethical standards of