Please click this GET INFORMATION hyperlink to tell us that you're interested in our program.
Fall 2014 MSW Information Sessions
On Campus Sessions (McCord 207):
Tuesday, January 13th 5:30 - 7:00 pm
Monday, December 15th 12:00 - 1:00 pm
Friday, January 23rd 12:00 - 1:00 pm
- Regular Fall Admission Deadline: April 15th
- Summer Advanced Standing Deadline: April 15th
- Graduate Assistantships: March 1st
- A faculty committee will determine admission to the Master of Social Work program.
Admission will require a majority vote in favor of the candidate.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Generally a grade point average of at least 3.0 or better (A=4.0) for the final 60
semester hours or 90 quarter hours of undergraduate study is necessary for consideration.
- Experience in a Social Work related field as a paid employee, volunteer or researcher.
How to Apply
- Advanced Year MSW students are eligible for the Midsouth Social Work Professional
- Stipend of $10,000 from December 2014 – May 2015
- Professor Kenya Anderson advises all students who are thinking of changing their major to
Social Work or who are interested in transferring to the University of Memphis from
another institution of higher learning. For more information, please see our Academic Advising page.
- Only students who have completed both SWRK 2010 and SWRK 2911 are recognized as Social
Work (SWRK) majors.