The University of Memphis ResNet is hiring student support personnel as ResTechs.
As a ResTech you would assist student in getting their computers and any electronic
devices connected to the University of Memphis Residential Computing network. Also
part of your duties is evaluation their systems for performance and virus cleaning.
Residence Life wants someone who is motivated and eager to learn. There will be on-the-job
training as well as support structure to turn to for assistance.
- Must have a good customer service attitude and communication skills.
- Must be willing and able to learn new technical concepts and tasks.
- Must interact well with other people; need to be able to interact and work cooperatively
with other students and staff members.
- Must be familiar with all Windows operating systems, basic networking setups and Internet.
Mac systems a plus.
- Must show individual initiative and responsibility.
- Should be able to work a minimum of 10 hours per week.
- Pay rate is $8.00 an hour.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance to students living in ResNet housing with connecting and configuring
their personal computers and electronic devices to the ResNet. This service is provided
via telephone assist and in person at the ResNet Technical Support Center locations
in Richardson Towers South room 101.
- Become familiar with campus computing resources, learning and using campus academic
resources available electronically.
- Maintain records of all calls for assistance made by students and record all actions
taken to resolve issues with the HelpDesk system.
- Act as auxiliary support to the staff Campus Services, Residence Life, Dining Services,
Child Development Center, Conference Planning Office and other designated staff support
offices, assisting the LSP staff with any software and hardware maintenance needs.
- Understand the policies surrounding the ResNet, and educate the students about the
- Provide support during the Move-in weekend at the beginning of each semester.
- Work on any special projects as assigned by staff.
- Attend any training sessions to keep you current on changes to policies and troubleshooting
techniques. Some training time would be necessary prior to the Move-in for each semester.
Click Here to fill out an Online Application. No walk in or emailed applications accepted. No phones calls.