CONFERENCE ASSISTANT JOB SUMMARY:
The Conference Assistant serves under the Assistant Director for Residence Education
and the Assistant Director of Conference Planning and Operations. The individual works
as an official representative of the Department of Residence Life & Dining Services,
the Department of Conference Planning and Operations, and The University of Memphis.
Click here to Apply Now
Click here if Returning CA
Sunday, May 10, 2015 through Thursday, August 20, 2015
- Staff 24-hour Conference Housing desk.
- Staff check-in and check-out of Conference Housing guests including distribution and
collection of keys.
- Inspect rooms to insure preparation before group arrival and after group departure.
- Work with Housekeeping Staff to insure satisfactory preparation of facilities.
- Assist in preparation of conference information materials and paperwork.
- Insure completion of registration paperwork by Conference Housing guests.
- Advise Asst. Director and Managers of all phases of conference daily activities.
- Evaluate conferences indicating problems and concerns as well as positive feedback.
- Work assigned desk shifts as necessary. The work schedule will be determined in advance
and will include evening and weekend work as determined by the conference schedule.
- Be available in the residence halls for scheduled duty nights.
- Respond to emergency situations.
- Assist Asst. Director and Managers with other duties as required.
- Present a good image of The University of Memphis by means of a tidy appearance, a
pleasant and helpful disposition, and a positive attitude and responsive action.
- Must be a student enrolled at The University of Memphis.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.25
- Must live in assigned residence hall during summer months. As a live-in staff member,
the conference assistant will be expected to be accessible in person and/or by telephone
to handle questions, respond to emergency situations and perform other administrative
tasks as required.
- Must have an answering machine or personal cell phone to be used as work contact.
- Flexible hours to coincide with conference schedule.
- Must wear appropriate conference attire.
- May only take one summer school class per session. Preference may be given to those
who are not enrolled in summer school.
- May not be employed at another job on or off campus.
- Stipend of $1,160.00 plus an hourly rate of $7.25 for hours worked at the desk. Free
- If you have any further questions about the Summer Conference Assistant position or
about Summer Conference Housing, please call 678-5929.
CA SELECTION TIMELINE-SUMMER 2015
January 5 Applications available online and in the Residence Life Office
February 9 Priority application deadline
February 11 Interviews Begin (scheduled through invitation)
March 6 Interviews conclude
March 23-27 Acceptance & Rejection Letters are sent
CONFERENCE ASSISTANT REFERENCE FORMS:
Each CA Application must also have 3 reference and Background Check forms mailed or
faxed to the Residence Life Office at 011 Richardson Towers, Memphis, TN 38152 or
Fax: (901) 678-5219.
Click here to print off the reference form.
Click here to print off the CA Background form.
Applications: Returning CA / New CA
Click here if Returning CA