Veterans Educ Benefits/Certification
Veterans Educ Benefits & Certification: Responsibilities & Reminders

Your Responsibilities

It is your responsibility to be aware of and to fulfill all requirements for receipt of your Veterans benefits.

If you are using GI BillĀ® Benefits at the University of Memphis, you should contact our office--Veterans Educational Benefits & Certification--and submit all appropriate paperwork. (GI BillĀ® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

To continue receiving veterans educational benefits, the VA requires that you:

  • attend class regularly
  • make satisfactory academic progress
  • adhere to a specific degree program


  1. Register with our office every semester by completing a U of M Request for Certification.

              Why do I have to re-certify every semester?

  2. Report credit allowed for prior training in cooperation with your advisor by completing a "Request for Evaluation of Prior Credit" form. This and other forms are available from our office.
  3. Inform us promptly of any degree or major change, excessive non-attendance, repeated courses, and any changes to your address, marital status, or number of dependents claimed.
  4. After registering for classes, immediately notify us of any changes to your class schedule, including:
    • adds
    • drops
    • section changes
    • canceled courses
    • withdrawals




Benefits & Certification Home


Text Only | Print | Got a Question? Ask TOM | Contact Us | Memphis, TN 38152 | 901/678-2000 | Copyright 2015 University of Memphis | Important Notice | Last Updated: 
Admissions | Financial Aid | Registrar | Scholarships
Office of the Registrar | 003 Wilder Tower | Memphis, TN 38152-3520 | Ph: 901.678.2810 | Fx: 901.678.5757
Last Updated: 2/13/15