It is your responsibility to be aware of and to fulfill all requirements for receipt
of your Veterans benefits.
If you are using GI Bill® Benefits at the University of Memphis, you should contact
our office--Veterans Educational Benefits & Certification--and submit all appropriate
paperwork. (GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans
Affairs (VA). More information is available at the official U.S. government Web site
To continue receiving veterans educational benefits, the VA requires that you:
- attend class regularly
- make satisfactory academic progress
- adhere to a specific degree program
- Register with our office every semester by completing a UM Request for Certification.
Why do I have to re-certify every semester?
- Report credit allowed for prior training in cooperation with your advisor by completing
a "Request for Evaluation of Prior Credit" form. This and other forms are available
from our office.
- Inform us promptly of any degree or major change, excessive non-attendance, repeated
courses, and any changes to your address, marital status, or number of dependents
- After registering for classes, immediately notify us of any changes to your class
- section changes
- canceled courses