You may visit the Registrar's Office, 003 Wilder Tower (basement), and request a transcript in person. Go to the Transcripts counter and
complete an In-Office request form. Be sure to have a picture ID with you.
If it is not convenient or practical for you to visit our office, you can request
a transcript in one of the ways listed below. You must complete and sign an Off-Campus Transcript Request form. We will not process your request without your handwritten signature.
||Fax the completed, signed form to
||Mail the completed, signed form to:
University of Memphis
003 Wilder Tower
Memphis, TN 38152
Information We Need
Using the request forms should make this easy, but be prepared to state or indicate
- Your complete name and any former names you attended under.
- Your U-Number or the last four digits of your Social Security Number (if you do not have a U-Number).
- Your birth date.
- The first and last years you attended the University of Memphis.
- If the transcript should be held for current semester grades or a degree. If so, indicate
the type of degree you will be receiving.
- If the transcript should be held for a pending grade change. If so, indicate the course
- If you attended Law School.
- The number of copies you want and the addresses to which they should be mailed.
Optional Information: Enclosures
Provide/include any enclosures that are to accompany your transcript. Do not send
an enclosure to us, including a request from an outside transcript service, without
our Off-Campus Transcript Request form attached. Enclosures often do not include the information we need to identify your
record, thus, preventing us from processing your request.
Transcripts Mailed to You
You may request that your transcript be sent to you. However, any transcript mailed
directly to you will have "Issued to Student" stamped on it. Many, but not all, institutions
require that your transcript be mailed directly to them and will not accept a transcript
that has been "Issued to Student." If you are not sure if an "Issued to Student" transcript
will be accepted, check with the recipient.
You may request as many as 20 transcripts free. However, you must pay $5.00 per copy
for every transcript over 20. Also, if you are requesting more than 20 transcripts,
you will need to complete an "Excess Transcripts Charge" form as well as a "Transcript
Request" form (see Request Forms below).
We will not release your transcript if you have any outstanding obligations to the
University (unpaid fees or fines, unreturned equipment or uniforms, etc.), or if a
transcript "hold" has been placed on your records for judicial, admissions-related,
or other reasons. For more information, see Viewing Holds.
Required Request Form
One version of our official transcript request form is required for ALL transcript
- In-office "Transcript Request" form - This is available at the Transcripts desk in our office, 003 Wilder Tower.
- Off-campus "Transcript Request" form - Use this pdf form if you are not coming, or cannot come, to campus. Complete and
print the form and send it to the Transcripts Office (see Request Methods/Forms above). If you need additional sheets, attach these as well.
Supplementary Form to Pay for More than 20 Copies
This additional form is unnecessary for most requests. Complete one of these versions
ONLY if you are requesting more than 20 copies of your transcript.
- In-office "Excess Transcripts Charge" form - The form is available at the Transcripts desk; the people at the Transcripts desk
will explain what you are to do with the form.
- Off-campus "Excess Transcripts Charge" form - Use this pdf form when faxing or mailing your payment for excess transcripts. Complete
the form and then mail or FAX it to the Bursar's Office (address and FAX number are
on the form).
Normal processing time is 3-5 business days.
Unless you indicate that you will pick up your transcript at our office, we will mail
it (postal mail) to the mailing address(es) you indicate on your request form. We
do not FAX transcripts, and we do not transfer transcripts electronically.