Applicants for the MPA degree or certificate programs may be eligible for a waiver
of the standardized entrance exam (GRE, GMAT or MAT) if they meet one of the three
criteria sets below:
- Applicants with an earned professional or graduate degree from an accredited institution
Students with an earned masters or other post-baccalaureate degree are exempt from
the standardized exam requirement for admission. If you are applying to the program
and meet this criterion, please contact our office prior to applying so we can expedite
the waiver. Contact our Administrative Assistant, Rebecca Horowitz at 901-678-3360
or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Public Service or Military Experience: Certain applicants may be eligible for a waiver
based upon a combination of their undergraduate performance and subsequent work experience.
Applicants seeking a waiver under this mechanism must meet all of the following criteria:
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Six years of progressive public service experience.
- Successfully reach supervisory or managerial positions in public or nonprofit organizations,
including independence of authority, responsibility of program design, and/or budgetary
authority. Military experience: Reached the officer O-3 or equivalent rank.
- Demonstrated exemplary accomplishment in their public service career or community
volunteer activities documented in letters of recommendation.
To document your eligibility for the public service experience standardized exam waiver,
fill out the following form and submit to our Administrative Assistant, Rebecca Horowitz
at 901-678-3360 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Click here for standardized exam waiver form
- Certified Nonprofit Professional (CNP) Undergraduate Students
- Received certification from the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance.
- Exhibit leadership in NLSA by serving as an officer, committee chairperson or other
position of leadership.
- Graduate with an overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better but with a GPA of 3.5
or above in nonprofit management minor courses.
- Demonstrate exemplary accomplishment in areas such as volunteering, fundraising and
recruitment documented in letters of recommendation from a nonprofit agency.
- If you are applying to the program and meet this criterion, please contact our office
prior to applying so we can expedite the waiver. Contact our Administrative Assistant,
Rebecca Horowitz at 901-678-3360 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*IMPORTANT* Applicants seeking a waiver must contact our offices BEFORE beginning
their application. If a waiver is not granted prior to applying, the application will
not be processed by the Graduate School.