The Loewenberg School of Nursing (LSON), situated in a diverse metropolitan community,
is committed to the preparation of nursing professionals who share a common goal of
promoting health of the global community The BSN and MSN programs are accredited through the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). This commitment is
reflected in high-quality programs built on the core values of caring, diversity, integrity, and leadership.
Our mission is to provide accessible and innovative higher education preparing leaders
who promote health of the global community through excellent teaching, rigorous research,
and collaborative practice/service. To fulfill the mission, we are committed to
- Creating a learner –centered educational environment
- Inspiring life-long learning through excellence in teaching
- Shaping practice through innovation and partnerships
- Creating and disseminating knowledge through research and engaged scholarship
- Embracing diversity and cultural competence
To fulfill our Mission, we set four Strategic Goals:
- Continue developing innovative and high quality programs for diverse populations
- Use state-of-art technologies to advance education, research, and practice
- Build sustainable programs of research and scholarship to advance nursing science
- Forge meaningful partnerships to promote health of global communities
The LSON is committed to supporting the research and scholarship mission of the University of Memphis by offering a learner-centered curriculum.
"LSON is approved by the Tennessee Board of Nursing"