We want to involve parents and families in the college experience, and we have designed
a program especially for you! This program will familiarize you with the University
of Memphis and everything we have to offer. You will have the opportunity to get your
questions answered and become acquainted with the campus so you can better appreciate
your favorite student’s college experience. The parent and family programs are held
on the same dates as the student programs but are facilitated in separate sessions.
The casual but informative program will give you the opportunity to:
- Meet with representative from academic programs.
- Discover the vast array of support services available to students.
- Tour the campus and see where activities take place.
- Meet with currently enrolled students.
- Learn about educational costs.
- Talk with current parents about their experiences.
We encourage you to support your favorite freshman by attending this special program!
Parent Program Fees for all Freshman Sessions:
- Option 1 Fee - $55 per parent/guest
Includes two meals, refreshment breaks, and Orientation materials.
- Option 2 Fee - $80 per parent/guest
Includes two meals, refreshment breaks, Orientation materials, and one night stay
in an on-campus residence hall.
Parents who are coming from out of town may also choose to stay at the Holiday Inn
located on the University of Memphis campus. Call (901) 678-8200 to check availability
and rates. Be sure to ask for the U of M New Student Orientation discount!
Registration for the Parent and Guest program is open!