Leadership Library is available at 800 Wilder Tower
The leadership library is available to all students. It contains a diversity of resources
related to leadership training. These materials can help with retreat planning, officer
training and organizational management.
Check-out Procedure: To check on the availability of a book in the Leadership Library, please contact
the Office of Leadership and Involvement at 678-8679. Students must complete a check-out
form to borrow books. Books can be reserved up to one week in advance and checked-out
for two. At the end of two weeks, students must return the book to 800 Wilder Tower.
Upon return, you can check-out the book for another two week period, unless it has
already been reserved by someone else.
*A University of Memphis ID card is necessary to borrow books from the Leadership
Authentic Leadership: Rediscovering the Secrets to Creating Lasting Value - Bill George
Book Title - Author
Becoming A Master Student: 11 th Ed. (Annotated Instructor's Edition) - Dave Ellis
Case Studies for Organizational Communication: Understanding Communication Processes, 2nd Ed. - Joann Keyton
Closing the Leadership Gap: Why Women Can and Must Run the World - Marie C. Wilson
Communicating in Small Groups: Principles and Practices, 8th Ed. - Steven Beebe
Focus on Leadership: Servant-Leadership for the 21 st Century - Larry C. Spears
Complete Idiot's Guide to Dealing with Difficult Employees, The - Robert Bacal
Leader's Companion, The: Insight's on Leadership Through the Ages - J. Thomas Wren
Leadership and the New Science: Discovering Order in a Chaotic World - Margaret J. Wheatley
Leadership Challenge, The, 3rd Ed. - Kouzes Posner
Leadership: Theory and Practice, 3rd Ed. - Peter G. Northouse
Organizational Behavior, 9th Ed. - Schermerhorn/Hunt/Osborn
Recognizing Student Leaders: Student Leader Training Kit - Includes:
• The Wordsmith: Presentations, Language and Communication Tips
• The Skills Set: 20 Student Leader Lessons
• The Idea Generator 2005-2006
• The Activity Suitcase: Games, Cues, and more to Carry with You
• The Event Planner: Steps for Student Leaders
• Partners: Working Well with Others
Small Group and Team Communication - Thomas E. Harris and John C. Sherblom
A Social Change Model of Leadership Development, Version 3 - Heri
• Written specifically for college administrators, faculty, or staff, students, or any
person who is interested in the concept or practice of leadership.
• Stresses the importance of the collaboration, the "working ensemble."
• By reading this guidebook about the principles and practice of leadership collaboratively
with a group of friends or colleagues, your own ideas and appreciation of the subject
covered in this guidebook will be greatly enhanced
Teamwork and Team Play:
Games and Activities for Building and Training Teams - Thaigi/Parker
• A study of teams and teamwork through cognitive science research, multiple intelligence,
adult learning theory, emotional learning, and practice and feedback.
• Team building activities will increase the ability of an intact team to work together.
• Analyzes the strengths and improvement opportunities of teams as a means of strengthening
Strategic Communication in Business and the Professions, 6th Ed. (examination copy) - Dan O'Hair
Leaders: Strategies for Taking Charge, 2nd Ed. - Warren Bennis/But Nanus