In the Fall of 2009, the School of Law will be moving to the historic Customs House,
Courthouse, and Post Office building located in the downtown Memphis Central Business
District. Designed and built in the 1880s and then renovated in 1903 and 1929, the
site is currently undergoing another extensive renovation and conservation in preparation
for its new role as the Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law.
The School of Law will soon have a new, contemporary, state-of-the-art facility in
order to move to the next level of excellence as a leader in legal education. In
order to develop this project, the University of Memphis, the State of Tennessee and
the School of Law are engaged with the legal, corporate and business community, graduates
and friends of the law school and others to move the School of Law to its new location.
|Message from President Raines
Welcome to the University of Memphis Cecil C Humphreys School of Law web site devoted
to the school's capital campaign as we begin the Countdown to Downtown.
MORE. . .