All academic issues, including curriculum, registration, class schedules, degree requirements,
and academic calendars are handled through the Academic Affairs’ and Registrar’s offices.
Memphis Law offers a rigorous curriculum that provides students with a solid foundation
in diverse areas of law and an ample experiential learning opportunities and to specialize in areas of interest.
If you are unable to find the information that you need through the website, you may
address your questions to:
Jamie Johnson, Registrar
Office: Law 264
Phone: (901) 678-2660
David S. Romantz, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Office: Law 269
Phone: (901) 678-3232
Student Honors and Awards
Students who distinguish themselves academically are recognized by the presentation
of awards and honors at the end of each semester and at graduation:
- Students who achieve the highest grades in class receive the "Dean's Award for Academic
- The West Publishing Company Awards and American Jurisprudence Awards are presented
to students who achieve the highest grades in selected courses each semester.
- The Bureau of National Affairs Award is presented to a graduating student, who in
the judgment of the faculty, has made the most satisfactory progress in his or her
- The Joe Moore Award named in honor of a former law professor, is presented to a graduating
student who has excelled in oral advocacy.
- Graduating students are also recognized as having graduated Cum Laude for a GPA of 3.25, Magna Cum Laude for a GPA of 3.50, or Summa Cum Laude for a GPA of 3.75. This designation appears on the student's diploma.