All journalism majors, regardless of their chosen concentrations, are required to
complete a selection of core studies deemed vital to their professional knowledge.
But they may not take more than 40 hours in journalism toward the 120 hours required
This 12-hour journalism core consists of:
- 1700 Survey of Mass Communication (3)
- 2121 Media Writing (3)
- 4700 Mass Communication Law (3)
and at least one of the following courses:
- 4702 Mass Media, Diversity and Society (3)
- 4708 Mass Media Ethics (3)
- 4716 History of Mass Communication (3)
Journalism majors may select only one concentration from among the following:
Preparing to graduate? Please make sure to check the College of Communication and Fine Arts Intent to Graduate FAQs.