1. A team consists of 8 (eight) players. A minimum of 6 (six) is needed to start
and continue the game.
2. Any player can play any position defensively but has to behind the imaginary diagonally
line from first to third base. The catcher must be behind home plate until ball is
3. The batter is out in situations similar to softball (force outs, pop outs, etc.)
In addition, a runner is out when she/he is hit by a thrown ball below the shoulders.
4. The ball is put into play when the pitcher (a player on the defensive team) rolls
the ball toward home plate and the batter attempts to kick the ball. The batter must
wait for the ball to be within three feet of home plate before kicking the ball. If
the batter does not like the pitch, she/he should not attempt to kick it, and another
pitch will be thrown. There are no strikeouts or walks. Batter gets a maximum of two
(2) tries. A missed attempt or foul counts as a try. After two tries, the batter will
be considered out if not kicking the ball fair.
5. Bunting is not permitted. There will be no infield fly rule.
6. A runner who leaves the base before the pitch reaches home plate or is hit, is
out and the ball is dead. Leading off and stealing bases between pitches is NOT allowed.
7. In order to prevent injury and protect the defensive player attempting to make
a play on a base runner, the base runner must be called out, if she/he remains on
her/his feet, and deliberately, with great force crashes into a defensive player holding
the ball, waiting to apply a tag. If the act is determined to be flagrant, the offender
shall also be ejected.
8. Kicking order should never change once the game has begun, unless someone has to
leave the game permanently. Players that arrive after the game has begun may be added
to the end of the batting order.
1. Coed-IM teams consist of 8 (eight) players (4 males / 4 females). A minimum of
6 (six) is needed to start and continue the game.
2. Positions in the kicking order must alternate by gender.
3. Any player can play any position defensively as long as there are the appropriate
number of males and females.