Information about graduate awards and fellowships below, including the nomination
and application forms, can be obtained in the Graduate School, 215 Administration
Building. All fellowship/award deadlines are subject to change.
NOTE: You'll need Adobe Reader to view the awards. Please click the "Adobe Reader" icon to download the latest FREE version if you don't have Adobe
Reader installed on your computer.
Students must be nominated by their departments or colleges for the following awards
listed below. Department/colleges should use the Nomination Form to verify that all required documentation is included (see the Documentation Table).
- Van Vleet Memorial Doctoral Award . Incoming doctoral students in the designated science fields of Audiology & Speech-Language
Pathology, Biology, Chemistry, Geological Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Microbiology
& Molecular Cell Sciences, Psychology, Biomedical Engineering, Civil Engineering,
Electrical and Computer Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering are eligible for this
award and must be nominated by their respective department chair. Nominees must be
submitted to the Graduate School by February 12, 2010. The $16,000 stipend plus tuition scholarship is renewable for four years.
- Morton Thesis/Dissertation Awards are a result of a generous donation by S. Morgan Morton ('63). The awards honor an
outstanding master's and doctoral student whose thesis or dissertation prospectus
has been approved by their committee. The thesis award is $500 and the dissertation
award is $750. Department Chairs should submit nominations to their College Dean by
February 19, 2010. College Deans should nominate students to the Graduate School by March 10, 2010.
- Graduate Assistant Meritorious Teaching Awards are given to two outstanding teaching assistants. Candidates are nominated by faculty,
students, alumni, or their respective college dean. The deadline for nominations to
be submitted to the Graduate School is March 10, 2010. Each college will have its own internal selection process prior to the March 10th
deadline. The award recipients each receive $500.
- Part-time Master's Fellowships are awarded to entering students. The $1500 awards ($750 per semester) do not include
a tuition scholarship. Students must be fully admitted to a graduate degree program
by February 20, 2010. The deadline for the academic year 2010-2011 is May 14, 2010.
Students may apply directly to the Graduate School for the following fellowships;
using the Self-Application Form and verifying that all required documentation is included (see the Documentation Table).
- The First Generation Ph.D. Fellowship Program provides financial assistance to graduate students who are underrepresented
in their respective disciplines and who will become the first person in their immediate
families to earn a doctoral degree. The application deadline is March 19, 2010.