- To seek new knowledge and understanding of factors affecting the human expression
and development of muscle-mechanical strength, power, work, and related variables.
- To apply this knowledge to health-related fitness, elite performance, or to task-specific
- To develop and evaluate various protocols for measuring muscle-mechanical performance.
- To examine the mechanics of human movement as pertains to responses and adaptations
to exercise training in athletic, healthy, and aging populations, as well as in individuals
with disabilities or neuromuscular disease.
- To understand the influence of the neuromuscular system on force development and time-dependent
variables of muscular strength.
- To utilize laboratory resources for protocol development and research training activities
as well as for the graduate and undergraduate academic programs.