Graduate Catalog
University of Memphis Photo
Change of Major Links of Interest


Graduate students who have previously declared a major but desire to make a change or who wish to advance from a master's program to a doctoral program should apply to Graduate Admissions to begin the process by completing a Change of Status form.

A Change of Major/Program is considered the equivalent of reapplying for admission. All admission requirements of the new major or program must be satisfied before a change can be granted; admission to the new program is never automatic.

Apply Now

Course Numbering System
Course Load Limitations
Audit Courses
Attendance Policy
Change of Major or Advancing from a Master's to a Doctoral Program
Adding and Dropping Courses
Withdrawal from Graduate School
Grading System
Credit by Exam
Course Validation
Transfer Credit
Academic Misconduct
Academic Probation
Termination Procedures
Graduate Faculty
Regulatory Issues
Privacy Rights of Parents and Students

Text Only | Print | Got a Question? Ask TOM | Contact Us | Memphis, TN 38152 | 901/678-2000 | Copyright 2015 University of Memphis | Important Notice | Last Updated: 
Last Updated: 11/25/14