Welcome to the Language Fair information webpage. The Language Fair draws over 1,000 students from area schools every year to participate
in competitions and other language- and culture-related events.
The date of the 2015 Fair will be Saturday, March 28, 2015. The theme for the Fair will be:
You're connected, now communicate.
The deadline for registration and submission for entries that are judged before the Fair (videos, etc.) will be
February 28, 2015. Most information has been posted.
- Changes for the 2015 Fair are listed in the column on the right.
- Forms, including registration, participant entry, event, and teacher of the year, can also be found to the right.
- Texts for this year's poetry recitation and Latin translation, event criteria for 2015, and information from previous Fairs can be found below.
- We're on Twitter! You can follow us @flfair.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available, so please be sure to
We look forward to seeing you at the Fair!
Texts for Poetry Recitation, Language Fair 2015
Texts for Latin Translation, Language Fair 2015
Event criteria, Language Fair 2015
THANK YOU to all of the teachers,
participants, and guests who attended the 2014 Language Fair!
Thanks again, and we hope to see you next year!
— 2013 —
Thank you to all the students, teachers, and volunteers who helped make the 2013 Language Fair
The Commercial Appeal covered the event; a feature article that appeared in the CA,
along with photos, may be accessed here.
Here is the WInners List for the 2013 Fair (updated April 12)
Congratulations to all our winners!
— 2012 —
Thank you very much to all the participants, teachers, and volunteers for helping make the last year's
Language Fair a success!
Here is a list of winners for the 2012 Language Fair; congratulations to all our winners!
Winners' List 2012
Below are links to some coverage of the 2012 Language Fair in the media.
Video report from WLMT News (CW 30), Memphis
Article in The Commercial Appeal
Article in The Daily Helmsman
— 2011 —
2011 List of Winners
Thank you very much to everyone who attended and participated in the 2011 Language Fair! Here is the list of winners for all competitive events. Congratulations to all our winners! Thank you all for helping us celebrate 20 years of the Language
Fair, and we hope to see you again this year!
WHAT'S NEW, AND IMPORTANT FORMS
A) NEW TO THE 2015 FAIR
• VIDEOS. Entries for the video competition may be submitted electronically, via an e-mail with a valid link (YouTube, Drop Box, etc.) or an e-mail attachment
in .mp4, .mov, or other format that does not require special software to view. Physical
media will not be accepted. All entries still require a submission form, found in
the Important Forms section below.
• REMINDER ABOUT LEVELS. Please note as of the 2014 Fair there are four levels of competition.
Level One represents students in their first year of studying the target language
Level Two is for second year students.
Level Three refers only to students in their third year of the target language.
- Level Four consists of participants who are in their fourth year or higher, including AP.
Levels III and IV compete at the same time in the same events. The difference is that judges will award them separately. There will be a first, second, and third place for students at Level Three (3rd year)
and first, second, and third place for those at Level Four (4th year and above).
• There will be two options to register. You can use either method.
- An online registration system (which will be posted as soon as it's available)
- The traditional pdf/doc forms (found below).
B) IMPORTANT FORMS
2015 Language Fair Registration Forms
(The new online registration system is currently unavailable but will be posted as
soon as possible. The instructions below are for those submitting the traditional
pdf /doc forms.)
Please note that there are THREE required forms: registration, participant entry,
and payment. They're all due Feb. 28.
The following two forms can be sent together by email or mail (no faxes) to the Dept. of Foreign Languages. Details are on each form). Microsoft Word / .doc versions are provided for people
who wish to fill them out and send them via email.
- Registration Form (pdf, doc)
- Participant Entry Sheet (pdf, doc)
The third form must be printed out and sent by mail, accompanied by one check covering
registration fees, to the Bursar's Office (details on form)
3. Payment Form (pdf)
2015 Language Fair Entry Forms
Completed entry forms must accompany any submissions for the following events. Submissions
must be received by Feb. 28.
2015 Teacher of the Year Forms
Teacher of the Year ballots can be submitted together with registration or separately
by email, mail, or fax to the Dept. of Foreign Languages (see ballot for details).
The deadline is Feb. 28.
- Teacher of the Year Description (pdf)
- Teacher of the Year Ballot (pdf, doc)
2015 Language Fair Judging Forms
(for information only)
These are the forms that will be used for judging events the day of the Fair. They
are for information only; you do NOT need to print out or bring these sheets to the
• Please check back for other news and announcements! If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.