Fogelman College Department of Management Ranks High in Research Productivity
Texas A&M University and the University of Florida produce an annual, joint study,
of the research productivity of Management Departments in U.S. and Canadian universities.
The rankings are based on an analysis of publications in the following eight top management
- Academy of Management Journal
- Academy of Management Review
- Administrative Science Quarterly
- Journal of Applied Psychology
- Organization Science
- Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes
- Personnel Psychology
- Strategic Management Journal
Based on the rankings from 2005-2008, the University of Memphis Department of Management:
- Is Number 1 in the state of Tennessee, ranking ahead of both the University of Tennessee
- Is additionally Number 1 in the Mid-South region, tied with the University of Arkansas
and ahead of Mississippi State and Ole Miss.
- Ranks higher than many of the large research universities in the south, including
Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Houston, LSU, and Wake Forest.
Is tied with or ranks higher than some very prominent national universities. The
University of Memphis is tied with MIT and ranks higher than Baylor, Boston College,
Boston University, Case Western Reserve, Cincinnati, Colorado, Georgetown, George
Washington, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Pittsburgh, SMU, UCLA,