The faculty of the Fogelman College of Business and Economics recognizes that students
learn through a wide variety of approaches and that the new global economy requires
additional higher levels of critical thinking, communication, and information synthesis
and analysis. FCBE faculty members utilize numerous approaches, techniques, and tools
in order to facilitate learning and to help students prepare to be effective employees
in a knowledge economy.
Through the FCBE E-Learning committee the e-learning initiative provides recommendations,
training, and other resources to faculty in order to provide students with a consistent
learning environment and to facilitate learning within the college. The following
are some of the resources that are currently being developed:
- Directory of resources - Includes tools and techniques that are made available to
faculty, how the resources can be used, and a listing of college faculty who had successfully
used the resource.
- “How To” videos – Short videos showing how to use specific resources
- Survey of current e-learning activities within the college and identification of training
- Group and individual training sessions
- Recommendations/expectations for all FCBE classes
Additionally, Margaret Schultz has been designated as the College’s e-Learning Specialist.
Individual faculty can contact her (email@example.com) in order to assess how they can enhance their courses utilizing e-learning technologies
and to receive individualized training on those resources.