Ready to get started with eCampus at the University of Memphis?
Online classes are engaging and convenient but they do require high levels of self-discipline
and motivation. To ensure a successful online experience, it is essential to have
regular, reliable, access to the appropriate computer equipment and a high-speed internet connection. You must also have an active University of Memphis e-mail account.
Are you ready to be a successful online student? Find out here.
The enrollment process for online students is identical to that of on-campus students.
Just follow these steps:
- Complete and submit an application for admission.
Please note that some programs require a special application. You should review the
information for the undergraduate or graduate program that is of interest to you.
- Once your application is submitted, please contact any institutions that you have
previously attended to request official copies of your transcripts. Ask the institution
to send your transcripts to:
Office of Admissions
101 John Wilder Tower
The University of Memphis
Memphis, TN 38152
The Admissions Office will notify you within two weeks of receiving your application.
- Apply for financial aid as soon as possible! It is a lengthy approval process.
eRate fees will be assessed for all out-of-state students who are enrolled solely in online
courses for the semester that fees are incurred. This rate will consist of the in-state
Maintenance Fees plus 50% of that Maintenance Fee. Students will not have to pay on-campus
program or online course fees, but they will have to pay college- or program-specific
fees as noted on the Bursar's fee charts. RODP program fees will be assessed in addition to the eRate.
Please note: If the student enrolls in any on-campus courses, the full out-of-state maintenance
fees will be assessed for all course sections, whether they are online or on-campus.
- After you've been admitted, meet with your academic advisor. Undecided majors should contact the Academic Counseling Center. Decided majors contact your chosen academic department.
- If you are a full-time online student, complete an exemption request provided through Student Health Services. Without an approved exemption request or
documentation of current immunizations, students will be restricted when attempting
- Register * for your classes via the "Student" tab in the myMemphis portal. Be sure to read all of the footnotes about your classes! A registration guide will
be mailed to you with your acceptance letter from the Admissions office, or you can
find it under our links of interest.
- Be sure to pay your fees. In the myMemphis portal, check your Account$ tab frequently for balances due or messages from the Bursar regarding your account.
- Once you are registered, find out how to get started in your UMOnline and/or RODP courses.
*Students who are admitted to the University of Memphis may not register to audit
RODP online courses.