STEM Hub Announcements:
The West TN STEM Hub website:
Also, check out the Social Media sites for the STEM Hub:
Vision: The West Tennessee STEM Collaboratory unites K-12, institutes of higher education
(IHE), and STEM industry partners in an unprecedented approach to transforming STEM
education and workforce opportunities throughout the region. The vision will be achieved
through the establishment of a West Tennessee STEM Hub and STEM Platform School that
will facilitate regional knowledge-sharing, research, and productive partnerships
for supporting K-12 students and teachers in STEM.
West Tennessee STEM Hub
The West TN STEM Hub will serve as a resource for West Tennessee to increase students'
interest in and preparedness for the STEM workforce through a variety of activities.
Collaborative partnerships between STEM Hub, Platform School, and STEM community (K-16
faculty, industry, government) professionals will be the cornerstone of this effort.
- To support the successful operation of the STEM Platform School (Southwind High School),
and facilitate dissemination of best practices across West Tennessee
- To assemble and facilitate utilization of curricula aligned with state and common
core standards that effectively engage West Tennessee K-12 students in STEM learning
- To create a sustainable culture of sharing and collaboration in the local, regional
and state STEM community through the establishment of productive partnerships among
K-12 and IHE STEM faculty, business/industry representatives, and community organizations
Key Hub Activities:
- Provide professional development for West Tennessee STEM teachers
- Create a West Tennessee STEM Master Teacher Corps
- Develop integrated online STEM curriculum for core courses in grades 9-12 to support
- Establish an annual STEM Challenge Summit, engaging K-12 and IHE faculty with STEM
professionals to collaboratively identify real-world problems for classroom investigation
- Connect community/industry partners to K-12 for 21st century workforce development
- Identify and disseminate STEM resources and best practices
- Establish an annual Innovations in K-20 STEM Education conference
Active regional partnerships will ensure our success and sustainability. Join us as
we collaborate to advance West Tennessee students' STEM preparedness, interest, and
transition to the STEM workforce!
For more information, contact email@example.com