Sorry, No Openings at This Time. Please check back later for future openings.
The fitness attendant position involves, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities.
- Keeping all cardio and weight equipment clean
- Monitoring the area for safety, especially where free weights are used
- Closing and reporting any machines that have functional problems
- Giving instruction on how to use equipment when requested
- Spotting free weight users when necessary
- Checking out equipment on selected shifts
- Enforcing all rules posted in the fitness area
Additionally, the attendant is required to remain in the fitness area unless approval
is granted by the supervisor on duty to leave briefly. Cell phones, computers, and
headsets may not be used while on duty in order to remain approachable and productive.
Appropriate dress includes a campus recreation T-shirt issued after initial training
as well as workout pants or shorts.
The successful candidate must:
- be a full-time U of M student.
- have a U.S. Social Security number.
- have a checking account.
- not work at another on-campus job.
- be reliable and flexible.
Applications are available at the front desk in the Student Recreation and Fitness
Center (620 Echles St.).
- Positions are usually filled two weeks before each semester.
- Have your class schedule available.
- Pay is $7.25 per hour.