Procedure: SRFC Reservation for Amplified Pool Events
Pool parties are only permitted under the following criteria:
- The number of amplified pool events will determined by the CRIS Scheduling Office
Events cannot be held during normal pool recreation hours.
No pool events will take place while building is closed.
a. The latest an event will take place is 10 p.m. Mon.-Thurs., 9 p.m. on Fri., and
6 p.m. Sat. and Sun.
b. Outdoor amplified sound must end at 9:30 p.m. Mon.-Thurs., 8:30 p.m. on Fri. and
5:45 p.m. Sat. and Sun.
- Hours vary during summer and break periods.
- Outdoor speaker system should be directed away from residential areas, toward the
- Sound levels at 50 feet cannot exceed 85 decimals. Lifeguards must be able to hear
distress sounds in the pool. Sound levels must be lowered immediately upon request
from CRIS supervisor on duty.
- Party participants must respect the rights of the residents in the immediate area.
- When applied, University contracted professional security company must be present
30 minutes prior to and 30 minutes after the event in the ratio of 1 per 100 participants.
They will monitor the entry and pool perimeter throughout the activity. Costs will
be at expense of the sponsor.
- Parties must hire appropriate number of certified lifeguards.
- Posted pool rule must apply.
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal substance on state property.
- Food must be approved by UM Food Service and CRIS Scheduling Office.
Approvals and Forms Required:
- All pool parties must fill out a Form A (14 days in advance) if public attending with
Public Service approved by the groups university advisor. Form B must be approved
for UM student only functions (10 days in advance). Form B can be picked up in room
100B in the SRFC.
- Outdoor Amplification approval form must be approved by the Dean of Students and copy
submitted to the CRIS Scheduling Office 10 days before the event will take place.
- If admission sold, a copy of Solicitation of Fund to CRIS Scheduling Office (CSO).
Forms are available in the University Center Office of Student Organizations.
- A University official must sign CSO contract and be present during the walk- through
meeting with CRIS officials.
- Request to Bring Food on Campus form is available in the University Center Student
I have read and understand the SRFC reservation and amplification policy.