Confidential individual, couples, family, and group counseling services, psychological
and educational assessment services at no cost to students (except for testing fees),
including personality, learning disorders, and ADHD testing, as well as substance
abuse issues, are all available through the Psychological Counseling of the Counseling,
Tutoring and Testing. Students interested in counseling services can apply at Wilder
Tower 214 and Wilder Tower 211 any day between 10 am and 2 pm, Monday through Friday.
Additional services provided include:
- Consultation services for campus groups, organizations, faculty, and staff
- Classroom outreach presentations and workshops
- Walk-in crisis counseling during regular office hours and after-hours on-call crisis
counseling (call 678-HELP and ask for a counselor)
- Psychiatric referrals are also provided when necessary
- Generally helpful Internet links, as well as books and other print resources
- Information and resources on what to expect and how to cope with trauma-related stress.
Other University facilities that come to mind when seeking "Counseling" include:
- The Psychological Services Center (PSC), http://www.memphis.edu/psychology/psc/index.php, located in the Psychology
Building, sees both non-students and clients who are not enrolled as students. Charges
are assessed on a sliding-fee basis. The PSC can also be reached by calling (901)
- The Counseling, Educational and Psychological Research Department (CEPR), http://www.people.memphis.edu/~cepr/, a part of the School of
Education, can be reached by calling (901) 678-2841;
- The Student Health Center, http://saweb.memphis.edu/health, provides medical services to enrolled students
and can be reached at (901) 678-2287.
All Psychological Counseling is confidential, and all staff members subscribe to the
ethical guidelines of the American Psychological Association.
For more information, Email Robert Maichrowicz, Ph.D., Associate Director of the Career and Psychological Counseling
Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
C&PCC Location: 214 Wilder Tower
Phone: (901) 678-2068
Open Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Extended office hours during Fall and Spring Semesters
Monday through Thursday till 7:00 pm