Steps to Graduation
- STEP ONE
- STEP TWO
- Apply to Graduate. Login to your MyMemphis Portal here
- STEP THREE
- Diploma Mailing and Cap and Gown Order Form
- Required by all graduating students at the time they submit their applications whether
attending or not.
- Will only have access to this if you have done Step 1 and Step 2
- Login to your My Memphis Portal here. Click on the My Degree tab and then locate the Commencement channel to access Step
- In Step 3, you will choose three things:
- Diploma and program Name--You need to choose this at the time you complete the form
- You need to choose this at the time you complete the form.
- Diploma Mailing Address
- Cap and Gown Measurements
Completion of Step 2 and Step 3, Diploma Mailing and Cap and Gown Form, is required
of all students who are applying to graduate whether or not you plan to attend the Commencement
ceremony. Step 4, Ceremony attendance or non-attendance information will be collected
in your final semester.
- STEP FOUR
- Step 4- The Attendance/Non-Attendance Card--Completed within the semester you are
graduating (final semester)
- You will receive an email to your Memphis email account from the Commencement Office
during your final semester. Within the attendance card, you will find the following
- All items are required and must be answered and submitted.
- If is your responsibility to ensure your name is in the program and accurate. If you
have questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduation Term Completion of the Attendance/Non-Attendance Card
- May 2013 complete starting in February 2013
- August 2013 complete starting in June/July 2013
- December 2013 complete starting in October 2013
- May 2014 complete starting in February 2014
- August 2014 complete starting in June/July 2014
- December 2014 complete starting in October 2014
Further Important Information
- Read Important Guidelines and Certification Disclaimer
- Diplomas are mailed two-three months after graduation. For more information, click here
- Diplomas are ordered from the program. So, please ensure your name is correct. Any
name changes or corrections after diplomas are ordered may result in an additional
fee up to $50.00. Please ensure you have checked the program by the deadline provided
and complete all four (4) Steps to Graduation
(To be completed ONE/TWO days prior to Graduation). See details for time and location.
- Students attending the Commencement exercises must complete the following:
(To be completed immediately following graduation)
- Pay all University fees. To clear any outstanding debts, please contact the University
Bursar's Office (901-678-5579)
- Students with financial holds through the University will be unable to receive their
diploma until the hold is cleared.