Please complete the following information (ALL Doctoral Candidates MUST complete the information, whether attending or not attending). For more information, please contact the Commencement Office immediately, by calling
678-5547 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Complete the Attendance Card to state your attendance or non-attendance.
- Ensure you have placed your Major Professor's Name, in the field provided.
- If your major professor is unavailable, ONLY the Department Chair or member of your Dissertation Committee should be asked to substitute for the major
- Review your name, major professor's name and dissertation title, prior degree information
in the Program. If you find this information incorrect, contact the Graduate School.
- Contact your major professor, inviting him or her to assist you in the Hooding Ceremony at
- It is most important that the Office knows who will do your hooding
- In the event you will not graduate or cannot attend the Commencement ceremony, please notify us as soon as possible at Commencement@memphis.edu.
- The day of graduation, please arrive 45 minutes before the processional and follow the doctoral signs to meet up
with all participating doctoral students and your doctoral Faculty Marshal. The Doctoral Faculty Marshal will answer questions. Candidates should have their
hood with them, to place over the back of their chairs, along with their pronouncer
cards. Once the marshal has completed his instructions, he will organize the processional
- Keep your hood with you and march in with the hood
- Unsnap the button to make the hooding process smoother
- Doctoral Marshal will be at Commencement to assist you with questions
- Please speak to your Major Professor prior to or at the end of the ceremony. In order
to keep the ceremony moving quickly alone, we are unable to allow greetings such as
hugs, kisses or the like etc.) on stage. Hand shakes are allowed.