Cap and Gown Distribution Cap and Gown Distribution
Thursday, May 8, 2014
University Center's Ballroom (3rd floor)
8:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Friday, May 9, 2014
University Center's Ballroom (3rd Floor)
8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Can't pick up your Cap and Gown Materials during distribution? Send an email to email@example.com with your name, the name of the designee and ensure this person brings a photo ID
with him or her.
- Bring confirmation that you have completed the Attendance Form.
- For more detailed information about Caps and Gowns, click here.
- Want to know your hood color? Click here.
- Please refer to our Cord/Stole Policy on what is and what is not allowed.
Graduate Students do not receive academic honors cords but can wear cords from Undergraduate
study. No other student organizations or honor societies' cords and stoles are provided
by the Commencement Office. All additional cords and stoles must be purchased by the
individual through their own organization.
Instructions for Wearing Regalia Hood
- To insure proper fit of your hood, we suggest that men wear a dress shirt and women
wear a blouse with buttons or a suit.
- Hold the hood in your hand by the velvet at the narrowest point. The loop should be
hanging straight down. Grasp the loop in your right hand and place the hood over your
head so the loop continues to hang straight down in front of your neck.
- Fasten the loop over a button on your shirt/blouse or jacket, or you may pin it in
place. This will prevent the hood from pressing on your throat.
- Midway down the back of the hood you will find another satin cord and loop. Fasten
this loop around the button on the inside of the hood to prevent the hood from falling
off your shoulders. This may require the assistance of another person.
- Be sure to have someone "fluff" the back of the hood just below the button, i.e.,
turn the velvet side underneath to expose the satin colors on the inside.