Sunday, August 10, 2014
Doors open at 2 p.m.
Cap and Gown Distribution Dates, Times & More Ceremonial Information
Cap and Gown Distribution
Friday, August 8, 2014
8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
University Center Ballroom (3rd Floor)
- Before arriving to Distribution, complete the Non-Attendance/Attendance Form. Bring proof of your completion to cap and gown distribution. You cannot participate
without filing out this last form.
- If you have not completed this form, including the survey, you need to do this in
order to participate and pick up your cap and gown.
- During Cap and Gown Distribution, you will receive,
- Mortarboard (Cap) with tassel
- Gown, including a Hood for Doctoral, Law, Master and Specialist's degrees only
- Pronouncer Card
- You must bring all the above items with you to Commencement day! Don't leave these items behind. Safety pins, for hoods and hair pins for caps are
also a good idea to have on hand graduation day.
- Undergraduate Honor Cords will be distributed on Commencement Day.
- The ceremony will last approximately 2 hours long. You must stay for the full duration.
- We stream all of our Commencements live. Check it out at www.memphis.edu/commencement/live.
- Arrive 1 hour prior to your ceremony and make your way down to the Event Level, where
you will line up with your respective College (please follow the signage). Your College
Faculty and Student Marshals will assist you with lining up within your degree program,
and you should have a number on your Pronouncer Card indicating your place in line.
Your Marshals will provide you with further instructions on the procession, as well
as provide earned Honor Cords (Undergraduates ONLY). Leave personal belongings with
family or friends. We cannot hold items and would not suggest you leave them unattended. You must bring cash
to pay for parking.
Location and Parking Details
Located in Downtown Memphis, TN 191 Beale Street, 38103
Directions: Printable Directions
Parking is available in the FedExForum Garage for a charge of $5.00 per vehicle for
the event. Please allow ample time to find the Arena and wait in line to enter the
parking garage. For more information on different parking options, please click HERE.
For more information about the Do's and Don'ts and to ensure everyone has a special
day, visit www.memphis.edu/commencement and select, Graduation Day!
All information regarding Commencement is online. Please check your Memphis e-mail
for further details.
Class of 2014,
Get Social! #memphisgrad
- Celebrate and share your tweets, photos, and videos with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram using #memphisgrad & YouTube!
- During the week of Commencement, we are going to be trending #memphisgrad all week and especially on Commencement day. Join in on the fun! Celebrate with us
as we celebrate you and all of your awesome achievement.
- TOM III (our beautiful Bronze Tiger, outside of the University Center) will be dressed
and ready to help you celebrate the week of Commencement. Take photos and upload them.
Be sure to #memphisgrad so we can like them and share them too!
- We stream all of our Commencement's live, so visit us at our live site
- Pouncer says: "Happy Graduation" Check out Pouncer's Lesson on How to make Your Commencement Tigerrific
The Commencement Office
8th floor of Wilder Tower.