In case of inclement weather, we will notify all students via email. Please monitor
your Memphis email for any updates regarding Commencement.
Upcoming Commencement Date and Times
Saturday, December 14, 2013
10:00 a.m.-Arts and Sciences, Communication and Fine Arts, University College, Law and Doctoral
Hoodings for these colleges. Arrive by 9:00 a.m.
2:00 p.m.-Business, Education, Engineering, Nursing, Public Health and Doctoral Hooding for
these colleges and schools, as well as School of Communication Sciences and Disorders
Doctoral candidates. Arrive by 1:00 p.m.
Cap and Gown Distribution Dates, Times & Information
|Cap and Gown Distribution
||Cap and Gown Distribution
Thursday, December 12, 2013
Brister Hall 220 8:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Friday, December 13, 2013
Brister Hall 220 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- If you find your name is difficult to announce, meet with your Pronouncer, Thursday, December 12, 2013 from 10:00 a.m.-12 noon in Brister Hall 220.
- Before arriving to Distribution, complete the 4th and final step to graduation. Bring
proof of attendance form. Click here. You cannot participate without filing out this last form.
- During Cap and Gown Distribution, you will receive,
- Cap with tassel
- Gown, including Hood (Doctoral, Law, Master and Specialist's degrees only)
- Pronouncer Car
- You must bring all the above items with you to Commencement day! Don't leave these
items behind. Safety pins, for hood and hair pins for caps are also a good idea to
have on hand graduation day.
- Students MUST bring proof of the Attendance Form confirmation page. Failure to bring a copy of
the form may delay pick up of your cap & gown.
- If you have not completed this form, including the survey, you need to do this in
order to participate and pick up your cap and gown. Click HERE.
- Undergraduate Honor Cords will be distributed on Commencement Day. They will not be
given to you at cap and gown distribution.
- The ceremony will last approximately 2 hours long. You must stay for the full duration.
- We stream all of our Commencements live. Check it out at www.memphis.edu/commencement/live.
- Arrive 1 hour prior to your ceremony and make your way down to the Event Level, where
you will line up with your respective College (please follow the signage). Your College
Faculty and Student Marshals will assist you with lining up within your degree program,
and you should have a number on your Pronouncer Card indicating your place in line.
Your Marshals will provide you with further instructions on the procession, as well
as provide earned Honor Cords (Undergraduates ONLY). Leave personal belongings with
family or friends. We cannot hold items and would not suggest you leave them unattended.
You must bring cash to pay for parking.
Location and Parking Details
Located in Downtown Memphis, TN 191 Beale Street, 38103
Directions: Printable Directions
Parking is available in the FedExForum Garage for a charge of $5.00 per vehicle for
Please allow ample time to find the Arena and wait in line to enter the parking garage.
For more information on different parking options, please click HERE.
For more information about the Do's and Don'ts and to ensure everyone has a special
day, visit www.memphis.edu/commencement and select, Graduation Day!
800 Wilder Tower
Memphis, Tennessee 38152
Phone: (901) 678-5547
Fax: (901) 678-4928
All information regarding Commencement can now be found online. Please check your
Memphis e-mail for Checklist information in the semester in which you are graduating.
No additional information is mailed.