Sue Lease, Sara Bridges, Richard Lightsey, Sha'kema Blackmon, Douglas Strohmer. Elin
- Sara K. Bridges, Ph.D., The University of Memphis (1999). Interests include counselor training, couples
and family therapy, human sexuality, and constructivist theory.
- Elin Ovrebo, Ph.D., The University of Memphis (2009). Current interests are international issues in
Counseling Psychology, LGBT counseling, social justice, and gender.
- Suzanne H. Lease, Ph.D., Southern Illinois University-Carbondale (1989). Current interests are: career counseling
with racial and ethnic minorities, masculine ideologies and relationships, multicultural
counseling, and health promoting behaviors. Click for more information on the Masculinity Research Team.
- Richard Lightsey, Ph.D, University of Maryland (1992). Interests: resilience, the relationship between stress
and depression, stress and coping strategies.
- Chrisann Schiro-Geist, Ph.D. Current interests include: international, vocational, and disability related issues
in counseling psychology. Her research projects are focused in vocational psychology
as it relates to return for work for incarcerated persons and transitions to work
for young adults with disabilities. Additionally, she is coordinating research focused
on animal-assisted therapy.
- Douglas Strohmer, Ph.D. Dr. Strohmer currently serves as the Chair of the Department of Counseling, Educational
Psychology and Research and has an appointment in the Counseling Psychology program.
His interests include: clinical judgment and decision-making, medical decision-making
and the Internet, personality assessment, counseling process, professional identity,
men in counseling, and disability issues.
- Lu Tian, Ph.D. (2014) University of Missouri-Columbia. Coping/Applied Problem-solving in
cultural context and across cultures, international students’ coping and acculturation.
- Rosie P. Bingham, Ph.D., Ohio State University. Dr. Bingham currently serves as the Vice President for Student
Affairs and has a faculty appointment in the Department. Her interests include: multicultural
counseling, career counseling for women and ethnic minorities.