- Is a GMAT required to be admitted? If so, what score should I shoot for?
- A GMAT or GRE is necessary for admission into the Customer-Driven MBA. One exception
is for those students who hold a graduate degree already and who have demonstrated
academic excellence in their prior graduate studies. The Customer-Driven MBA is a
highly competitive, rigorous program; therefore, accepts students of the highest caliber
both academically and professionally. Because this is a non-traditional admissions
process, we want to make sure that we include all pertinent information about the
applicants to our corporate sponsors who will be interviewing them. We highly recommend
candidates have at least a 600 GMAT or 308 GRE or equivalent.
- Is there an undergraduate GPA requirement?
- We highly recommend students applying to the Customer-Driven MBA have an undergraduate
of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. We do however, encourage students with a lesser GPA to apply
as admission to the program is determined on several factors, not just GPA.
- How many years of professional experience is necessary to be admitted into this program?
- Preferably 2 years of professional experience in a marketing related field.
- How much does the program cost me? Is there a stipend included?
- The Customer-Driven MBA program is sponsored by Corporations in the Memphis community.
Corporations pay full-tuition for students that they are sponsoring in this program.
In addition to a free tuition, students will receive $36,000 over the 21-month duration
of the program.
- Would I be eligible for additional scholarships through the University?
- No. You will not be eligible for additional scholarships through the University or
Fogelman College. We do encourage you to research private scholarships; however.
- Where are the Corporate Sponsors located?
- Corporate Sponsors are located in the Memphis / West Tennessee Region.
- What types of companies are sponsoring the CDMBA?
- Currently the Corporate Partners associated with this program are in the biomedical
healthcare as well as in the retail logistics and merchandising industries.
- What if I decide that I do not want to work for the Corporate Partner after I graduate
from the CDMBA program?
- Corporate Sponsors are paying your tuition and stipend for you during the 21-month
period of the program with an understanding that you work for them a minimum of 2
years after you graduate. If you cannot work for the Corporate Sponsor during this
time, you will simply need to reimburse the Corporate Sponsor for the funds that it
provided to sponsor you through the program.
- When does the Customer-Driven MBA program begin? Can I join in the spring?
- The Customer-Driven MBA begins in the fall semester. It is the objective of the University
to establish a collaborative environment among high-caliber students going through
the Customer-Driven MBA program. To do this, we feel that it is important to have
all new coming students begin together in the fall semesters; hence, students will
only be admitted to the program beginning in the fall semesters. The University will
not admit students into spring semesters for the Customer-Driven MBA.
- What are the deadlines for application material?
- April 30, 2014
Customer-Driven MBA Home
Entrepreneurship MBA track
Corporate Sponsors - Request Information
View Corporate Partners
How To Apply
Curriculum at a Glance