DO YOU KNOW AN OUTSTANDING ALUM of any of the College of Arts & Sciences graduate
or undergraduate programs?
Each year the CAS Alumni Chapter board of directors selects nominated alumni to receive this prestigious
award. The recipient is honored at a banquet and proceeds from the dinner are designated
to the College of Arts & Sciences Alumni Chapter Endowed Scholarship.
CRITERIA FOR THE AWARD includes any individual that has received an undergraduate or graduate degree from
the College of Arts & Sciences, has achieved notable success in his/her career, and
has demonstrated consistent exemplary community service. Current CAS Alumni Board members are not eligible.
WE NEED YOUR HELP IN IDENTIFYING DESERVING CANDIDATES.
If you know of an alum who fits our criteria, please complete the Nomination Form or email the information to Wendy Sumner-Winter, Alumni Coordinator, by April 15, 2010. Any further necessary information will be requested directly by the
CAS Alumni Office.
Wendy Sumner-Winter, Alumni Coordinator
University of Memphis Alumni Association
635 Normal Street
Memphis, TN 38152
Phone: (901) 678-1562 Fax: (901)678-3035
OUTSTANDING YOUNG ALUMNI AWARD RECIPIENTS
- 2009 - Meah King (BA ’02, MAT ’05)
OUTSTANDING ALUMNI AWARD RECIPIENTS
- 2009 - Thomas Appleton (BA ’71)
- 2009 - James Morse (BA ’90, MS ’93)
- 2009 - Keith Prewitt (BA ’81)
- 2008 - Hortense Spillers (BA ’64, MA ’66)
- 2008 - Maura Black Sullivan (BA ’89, MA ’97)
- 2008 - Jamie Lee McMahan (BS ’65)
- 2007 - Reed Baskin ('65)
- 2007 - Eric Robertson ('03)
- 2007 - Peggy Turley ('85)
- 2006 - Michael Demster (MPA '04), Vice President BioMedical Business Development, Memphis Regional Chamber
- 2006 - Barbara I. Ingram (BS '56 History), Retired Lifelong Educator
- 2006 - Timm Stubbs (BS '71, MA '95 Geography), Owner, Stubbs Commercial REALTORS
- 2005 - Robert E. Sweeney (MBA '82, MS '97), President & CEO, Challenger Corporation
- 2005 - Anita Vaughn (BA '77, MPA '82), Registered Nurse, Baptist Memorial Healthcare
- 2004 - Patrick W. Lawler ('77 CJUS, '81g CAPS), CEO, Youth Villages;
- 2004 - Mark H. Luttrell ('74g PA), Shelby County Sheriff;
- 2003 - Tim E. Bolding ('77 ANTH, '80g ANTH) Housing Director, United Way of the Mid-South;
- 2002 - Thomas E. Boggs ('72 HIST), President & CEO, Huey's Corporation;
- 2002 - Deborah L. Talbot ('72 MATH), Founder, Create Tampa Bay;
- 2001 - Margaret D. Craddock ('82g ANTH, '88 J.D.), Executive Director, Metropolitan Interfaith Association (MIFA);
- 2000 - Allie J. Prescott III ('69 HIST, '72 J.D.), President, Allie Prescott Partners;
- 1999 - Peggy Jemison Bodine ('65 ENG, '74g HIST, '92 Ph.D. HIST), Professor Emeritus, University of Memphis;
- 1998 - Kay S. Robilio ('73 ENG, '81 J.D.), Judge, Memphis Circuit Court;
- 1997 - Anne Dodd Freeman ('55 ENG, '61g ENG), retired CEO, Freeman Properties.
Sponsored by the College of Arts & Sciences and the Arts & Sciences Chapter of the
Back to Arts & Sciences Alumni