For students with majors in the College of Arts and Sciences, the process for applying
to graduate and obtaining a "Summary of Coursework Remaining" is as follows:
Back to Undergraduate Links
- College of Arts and Sciences majors must apply to graduate at least one year before the beginning of their expected graduation semester. Students apply to graduate in MyMemphis on the MyDegree tab by following the steps
in the Commencement and Graduation Channel.
- After the student applies, the Graduation Analyst will complete a "Summary of Coursework
- A copy of the student's "Summary of Coursework Remaining" will be e-mailed to the advisor and to the student several months after the filing date.
- Students must print out a copy of the summary and meet with their academic advisors to review it. If you have questions about the information on the summary, your advisor
should call or e-mail the graduation analyst for clarification so that all concerned
with have the correct information.
- Students will not be placed on the graduation list until this summary has been signed (by both student and advisor), dated, and then
brought to 107 Scates Hall.
- Apply to Graduate: These are the University's filing deadlines. Because of the large number of Arts
and Sciences undergraduates, our students must apply at least one year before the
beginning of their expected graduation semester (for example, in January 2014 for
May 2015). Applying to graduate in the last few months prior to the University's deadline
for a specific semester results in not receiving information about courses remaining
until after the expected graduation semester begins.
An e-mail notification will be sent to all undergraduates to indicate the ideal time
to apply to graduate for a specific semester.
What's Happening in the
College of Arts & Sciences?