Distinguished Advising, Research & Teaching Awards
The University of Memphis Alumni Association awards $22,000 annually to outstanding
University of Memphis teachers, researchers and advisors. The awards and stipends
were presented at a luncheon in May.
The Distinguished Advising Awards were presented to Courtney Brafford, Academic Counseling, and David Horan, Department of Art.
The Distinguished Research Award winners include:
- E. Olusegun George, Distinguished Research in Science, Engineering, and Mathematics Award, Professor, Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Ruthbeth Finerman, Distinguished Research in Social Sciences, Business, and Law, Professor, Department of Anthropology
- Aram Goudsouzian, Distinguished Research in Humanities,
Professor, Department of History
- Kristen Iversen, Distinguished Achievement in Creative Arts,
Associate Professor, Department of English
- Katherine Lambert-Pennington, Excellence in Engaged Scholarship,
Associate Professor, Department of Anthropology
The recipients of the 2043 Distinguished Teaching Awards are:
- Douglas Campbell, Instructor, Department of Economics
- Nicole Detraz, Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science
- Kendra Murphy, Instructor Coordinator, Department of Sociology
- Carmen Weaver, Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Instruction, Curriculum, Leadership
Congratulations to each of the recipients, as well as to the other nominees for these awards.
For more information, click here or contact email@example.com or 901-678-2685.