Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law Alumni Chapter
Saturday, August 2
University of Memphis Holiday Inn
6:00 pm: Cocktail Reception / 7:00 pm: Dinner & Awards
2014 Pillars of Excellence
Friend of the Law School
James S. Gilliland
The 2014 Pillars of Excellence is presented by
Thank you to our sponsors:
Black McLaren Jones Ryland & Griffee, PC
Argent Trust Company - Farris Bobango, PLC - Glassman, Wyatt, Tuttle & Cox, PC
The Marston Group, PLC
State Volunteer Mutual Insurance Company
Enter for your chance
to win prize packages from
Camp Bear Track,
Oak Hall or
Solutions Medical Center
The Law Alumni Chapter is seeking sponsorships for the 2014 Pillars of Excellence Awards Dinner. Click here to download a sponsorship packet.
Purchase a Table
Gray (VIP) Table: $1,000
Blue Table: $700
Gray Ticket: $125
Blue Ticket: $85
Class of 2014: $35
For more information or to RSVP, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-678-2905.
The Pillars of Excellence Award was created in 2007 by the
Law Chapter of the University of Memphis Alumni Association
to recognize attorneys in the Memphis-area legal community who have made significant contributions to the practice of law in their civic and professional lives.
Each of these recipients exemplify and exceed this standard.
We are pleased to honor them.
Dr. Benjamin L. Hooks
The Pillars of Excellence are chosen by a committee comprised of all Past Presidents of the University of Memphis Law Alumni Chapter. Their selections are based upon the following criteria:
To be named a Pillar of Excellence, a person must exemplify all of these characteristics:
• Living at the time of selection;
• Admitted to the practice of law for more than forty-five years;
• Significant service to the legal profession including membership in bar associations and participation in bar association activities;
• Significant service to the community including involvement in civic and charitable organizations;
• Leadership roles in both the legal and civic communities;
• Other significant contributions to the practice of law; and
• General recognition among the Memphis Bar that the honoree possesses the highest legal skills and ethical standards.