Email for Life
As a University of Memphis Alumni Association member, you now have the benefit of retaining your @memphis.edu email address! You may choose to keep using your University of Memphis Outlook inbox, or you can have your email redirected to an off-campus email account.
To take advantage of this benefit, you must be a current Association member. Annual
members will be given up to 30 days after their membership expires to renew before
the email account is deactivated. If you have any questions, please contact the Alumni
Association at email@example.com.
To activate your Email for Life account, you must first activate your myMemphis account (if you do not have a current Memphis username and password) by clicking here. Next complete these simple steps:
1. Visit iam.memphis.edu
2. Log in using your UUID and Password
3. Select: Enable “Email for Life” account access
4. Press the “Confirm” button.
Please allow up to 20 minutes for email account activation. Visit ummail.memphis.edu to login to your Memphis.edu inbox.
*Current University of Memphis employees: If you are involuntarily terminated from the University, you will no longer have access to your @memphis.edu email account. Please contact your HR representative regarding this policy.
Forwarding your Email
Use this option if you would like to redirect your email to an off-campus email service or if you would like to revert your email delivery back to the centralized campus email service.
1. Visit iam.memphis.edu
2. Log in using your UUID and Password.
3. Select: Modify Email Preferences
4. Select: Set Email Delivery Destination
5. Enter the email address to which you would like email to be forwarded.
6. Click Submit.
Any new messages sent to your UofM e-mail account will automatically be re-directed to the address you specified. Please note that a copy will not be kept inside your UofM e-mail account.
Not an Alumni Association member?
JOIN NOW! After joining, your membership can take 1 or more business days to activate. Until it is activated, you will not be given the option in iAM to sign up for Email for Life. You can check your membership status by calling 800-678-TRAX.
I just renewed my Alumni Association membership and followed the instructions above,
but I do not see the option to enable Email for Life.
- Please note: Once you join the Alumni Association, it can take two or more business days for your membership to process in the system. You will not be able to activate your email account until that time.
I have signed up for Email for Life but am unable to access my @memphis.edu account. How do I fix this?
- One possibility is that your password has expired. The University has enacted a policy that all passwords must be changed every 365 days. To change your password, go to iam.memphis.edu. Select "Forgot Password" and follow the steps to set a new password. If you are unable to remember the answers to your security questions, from iam.memphis.edu select "Initialize Your Account." You will then need to contact the Helpdesk at 901-678-8888 to receive your 10 digit code.
- Current University of Memphis employees: If you are involuntarily terminated from the University, you will no longer have access to your @memphis.edu email account. Please contact your HR representative regarding this policy.
- For additional technical problems, please contact the Helpdesk at 901-678-8888.
Questions? Call the ITS Helpdesk at 901-678-8888.