Academic Advising at The University of Memphis
Ready to build your future? Don't forget your tools!
UMdegree Worksheet and Planner for information about academic requirements
Courses to Consider course recommendations just for you
Appointment-Plus to make your advising appointment
Finish it all up in myMemphis!
myDegree tab (in myMemphis) for graduation application and career help
Account$ tab (in myMemphis) for financial information
Student tab (in myMemphis) to register for classes
|We have a vision of a dynamic, collaborative campus environment in which academic advising is valued
and makes a positive impact on the academic success of our students.
The purpose of academic advising is to facilitate the intellectual and personal development of our students, to enhance
their academic performance, and to ensure student progress toward graduation by assisting
them in achieving the following objectives:
- choosing, clarifying, planning and achieving their life goals;
- exploring academic options so that they can make meaningful short- and long-term decisions
- identifying a major program to achieve educational, career, and life goals
- selecting courses that integrate their educational and personal goals
- assuming responsibility for current information about University degree requirements,
including General Education, academic policies, practices, programs and support services.