4 Easy Steps to Apply
- 1. Apply for Admission.
- 2. Pay the non-refundable application fee ($25).
- 3. Provide an official transcript of all high school credits with a minimum of 3
years of high school work included (end of Junior Year).
- 4. Provide a standardized exam score (ACT or SAT).
High School Curriculum Required For Admission
The following specific high school units must be included in the minimum admissions
requirements at all Tennessee State Board of Regents universities and colleges.
- English (4 units)
- Visual and/or Performing Arts (1 unit)
- Mathematics (3 units: Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II at least)
- Natural and Physical Science (2 units: at least one unit of Biology, Chemistry or
- Social Studies (2 units: 1 unit must be US History)
- Foreign Language (2 units: of the same language)
Student success at the University of Memphis is strongly predicted by academic performance
in high school as well as performance on the ACT or SAT (CR+M). Students will be considered
for admission under a comprehensive review, using information from the admission application,
the high school transcript and test scores.
Additional Information for Non-traditional First-time Freshman Applicants