What is a Commuter Student?
The University of Memphis defines a Commuter Student as one who DOES NOT live on campus
or in any University-owned property, and must utilize various modes of transportation
to travel to and from classes.
Commuter students comprise roughly 90% of the entire student population at The University
of Memphis. Whether you live in Millington, in a single-family home in Cordova, at
home with your parents or in an apartment just down the street, Adult and Commuter
Student Services has resources available to serve your needs.
Commuter Student Resources:
- A commuter lounge with couches, tables for studying, microwave and full-size refrigerator
- Computer lab with 6 computers, a printer and laptop desks
- Complimentary hot beverages
- Monthly e-newsletter
- Seminars with topics of interest to commuter students
- Transportation Information (MATA bus schedules, Carpool information)
- Commuter Student Association (CSA)
Additional Resources - GO>>