The Academic Counseling Center advises all pre-nursing students,
including new freshman, students changing their major to pre-nursing, and transfer
To be eligible to enter the nursing program you must meet the following criteria:
- Be admitted to the University of Memphis as a degree seeking undergraduate student
- Cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher; to be a competitive applicant students are encouraged
to maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Minimum GPA of 2.66 in science courses (BIOL 2010/2011, BIOL 2020/2021, and BIOL 1230/1231)
- Passing score on the TEAS exam
Minimum composite score of 62.5% and 60% on each of the four components (Reading,
Writing, Math, and Science)
- Completion of prerequisite courses with minimum grade of C in each
ENGL 1010 and 1020
MATH 1420, 1530, 1710, 1730, 1830, or 1910
NUTR 2202 or 3202
PSYC 1030 or SOCI 1010
- Clearance of all high school deficiencies
All pre-nursing students are advised in the ACC. If you are currently advised in
the ACC, click here for your advisor's contact information. If you are changing your major to pre-nursing,
are a transfer student, or are a new student, please contact the ACC at (901) 678-2062.
If you are currently a Registered Nurse (RN) contact the Loewenberg School of Nursing at (901) 678-2003.
Transfer Pre-Nursing Students
The ACC advises all transfer pre-nursing students; appointments can be made by calling
Second Degree Students
The Loewenberg School of Nursing offers an accelerated track for those students who
already have earned a baccalaureate degree. The accelerated program is a fast paced,
intensive program that only begins in the fall term. Students in the accelerated program
take courses for 16 months (Fall - Spring - Summer [Pre-Summer, 1st and 2nd term]
- Fall) to obtain their degree.
Accelerated track students must meet the same admission criteria listed above. For
more information on this program, click here.
Contact the Academic Counseling Center at (901) 678-2062 or at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.