Study Abroad

For funding opportunities, please visit the sites listed below:

The College of Arts and Sciences Donovan Travel Enrichment Funds
107 Scates Hall
Memphis, TN 38152
Phone 901.678.3067
Fax 901.678.4831
Tenured or tenure-track faculty members of the College of Arts and Sciences are eligible to apply for the Donovan Travel Funds.

American Council of Learned Societies
228 East 45th Street
New York, NY 10017-3398
Phone 212/ 697-1505
Fax 212/949-8058
Sponsors a number of grants and fellowships for international research.

American-Scandinavian Foundation
725 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10021
Phone 212/879-9779
Fax 212/249-3444
Provides awards of $2,500 for scholars to conduct short-term advanced study or research in Scandinavian countries.

Australian Research Council
Research and Policy Grants Branch
Department of Employment
Education and Training
GPO Box 9880
Canberra, ACT 2601
Phone 06-276-7190
Fax 06276-7188
Provides opportunities for faculty to undertake research in Australia.

Canadian Embassy
Academic Relations
501 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Phone 202/682-1740
Sponsors the Canadian Studies Faculty Enrichment and Sabbatical Fellowship Programs for U.S. faculty to develop courses with a Canadian content and conduct research in Canada.

Council for International Exchange of Scholars
3007 Tilden St., NW
Suite 5M
Washington, DC 20008-3009
Phone 202/686-4028
Fax 202/362-3442
Administers many Fulbright awards, which are funded by the United States Information Agency, for faculty to lecture and research in many countries abroad.

DAAD Faculty Grants
871 United Nations Plaza
New York, NY 10017
Phone (212) 758-3223
Fax (212) 755-5780
DAAD offers a variety of grants for faculty to conduct research, lead a group of students to Germany, attend a conference or host a visiting German scholar in their departments.

German Marshall Fund
11 Dupont Circle, NW
Suite 750
Washington, DC 20036
Phone 202/7453950
Fax 202/265-1662
Awards research fellowships to U.S. scholars to conduct research relating to Europe.

Japan Foundation
152 West 57th Street
39th Floor
New York, NY 10019
Phone 212/489-0299
Fax 212/489-0409
Fellowships to U-S- scholars to conduct research in Japan.

National Endowment for the Humanities
Division of Fellowships and Seminars
1100 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Room 316
Washington, DC 20506
Phone 202/606-8466
Provides funding for a number of summer faculty development institutes which often focus on international themes.

National Institutes of Health
Fogarty International Center
International Research and Awards Branch
Building 31, Room B2C39
Bethesda, MD 20892
Provides financial support for scientists to conduct collaborative research abroad.

National Science Foundation
Division of International Programs
4201 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22230
Phone 202/357-9552
Fax 202/357-5839
Offers research grants to U.S. scientists for research and activities abroad.

Social Science Research Council
605 Third Ave.
New York, NY 10158
Phone 212/661-0280
Sponsors a number of fellowships for research in a variety of world areas in the United States and abroad.

U.S. Department of Education
Center for International Education
7th and D Sts., SW-
Washington , DC 20202-5331
Phone 202/708-7279

Sponsors the Fulbright-Hays Faculty Research and Group Projects Abroad Program, which sends faculty members abroad for research, seminars and study.

For any questions about international opportunities for faculty, please contact the Study Abroad Office:

Center for International Programs and Services

102 Brister Hall

Memphis, TN 38152

Phone: (901) 678-2814

Fax: (901) 678-4949


Internships Abroad
Youtube Twitter
Text Only | Print | Got a Question? Ask TOM | Contact Us | Memphis, TN 38152 | 901/678-2000 | Copyright 2015 University of Memphis | Important Notice | Last Updated: 
Last Updated: 1/8/13