Study Abroad

The University of Memphis sponsors a variety of programs for students who are interested in studying overseas for an academic year, semester or short-term. With all exchanges, students are responsible for the following expenses unless otherwise noted:

  • Application fee
  • In-state tuition
  • Round-trip airfare
  • Passport
  • Books
  • Medical insurance
  • Personal Expenses

Please refer to specific program information for more details regarding costs and fees.


In many cases, financial aid (student loans, scholarships, etc.) can be used toward covering the cost of study abroad.

There are also a limited number of scholarships that may apply to your program of choice. You can generally use U of M academic scholarships, federal student loans and Pell grants that are normally applicable to campus programs for study abroad costs. Some U of M tuition waivers do apply.

We encourage all students to meet with the study abroad financial aid officer, Ms. Joanna Darden (, at least six months prior to your planned trip. Her office is located in room 103 of Wilder Tower.

Internships Abroad
Youtube Twitter
Text Only | Print | Got a Question? Ask TOM | Contact Us | Memphis, TN 38152 | 901/678-2000 | Copyright 2014 University of Memphis | Important Notice | Last Updated: 
Last Updated: 1/8/13